Students interested in transferring to Notre Dame must complete the Common Application (and the Notre Dame Supplement) at www.commonapp.org. It’s quick, easy, and secure. We recommend making a copy of your completed application materials for your own records.
Spring Semester: October 1
Fall Semester: March 15
Checklist of required materials:
- Common Application
- Notre Dame Supplement to the Common Application
- College Transcript(s)
- Transfer College Report
- High School Transcript
- Standardized Test Scores and Advanced Placement Scores - these may be listed on the high school transcript
- Course Syllabi - formatting and submission details below
- $75 Application Fee
- An unofficial Grade Report for the current term should be emailed to email@example.com as soon as it is available, typically the week after final exams. The subject line should read: "Final Grade Report _ YOUR FULL NAME". Please be aware that a decision cannot be made without final grades from your most recent semester. An official transcript including final grades for courses in progress must be sent as soon as it is available.
The Notre Dame Supplement to the Common Application
You must submit the Notre Dame Supplement at the same time as the Common Application’s Transfer Application; this is available to registered users of Common App Online. After logging in, select University of Notre Dame from the “My Colleges” list. The online Notre Dame Supplement will then be available in your “Supplements” tab.
Additional Required Forms
It is your responsibility to complete the required forms necessary for a transfer application to the University of Notre Dame.
These forms are available to registered users of the Common Application. After logging in, select the University of Notre Dame from the "My Colleges" list and select "Assign Recommenders." You will be asked to complete a FERPA Release Authorization which enables your institution to send your academic and personal records to Notre Dame. You also will need to complete a Transfer College Report, which must be completed by a college official who can attest to your academic and social standing at that institution. Failure to receive this completed Transfer College Report will delay review of your application.
In order to accurately determine credit transfer, you must submit a syllabus for each course you have taken.
- Scan each course syllabus into a PDF
- Save PDF with semester/year, course number and full title, e.g. "SP14 - MA 121 - Calculus I" or "FA13 - SOC 2231 - Introduction to Sociology"
- Email the attached PDFs all together to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Line "Course Syllabi _ YOUR FULL NAME"
Please note that due to enrollment limitations, the College of Science is not accepting transfer students into the Science-Business major or the Actuary minor. Additionally, the number of transfer students to the Mendoza College of Business is extremely limited. Therefore, it is recommended you list a secondary major on your application if you are interested in multiple academic disciplines. If admitted to an alternate intent, you would not be eligible to transfer to the Mendoza College of Business at any time.