- Application Due: March 15
- Decision Letter Sent: June 1 - July 1
- Confirmation and Deposit: July 10
- Wecome Weekend: August 19 - 22 For more information visit: welcomeweekend.nd.edu
- Application Due: October 1
- Decision Letter Sent: December 15 - January 1
- Confirmation and Deposit: January 15
A transfer applicant must provide:
- A completed application, available online through the Common Application.
- An official college transcript sent to the Admissions Office directly from each college attended. Official transcript(s) for all available coursework must be submitted by the application deadline.
- A final Grade Report for the current term. Emailing your Grade Report to email@example.com will ensure a timely final review of your application. A decision cannot be made without final grades from your most recent semester. An official transcript, including final grades for courses in progress, must be sent as soon as it’s available.
- Course Syllabi for all courses you have taken. Scan each course syllabus into a PDF, saving each with semester/year, course number, and full title, e.g. "SP14 - MA 121 - Calculus I" or "FA13 - SOC 2231 - Introduction to Sociology". Email the attached PDFs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Course Syllabi _ YOUR FULL NAME".
- A Transfer College Report completed by your Academic Advisor, Dean, or Registrar from each college attended and emailed to email@example.com with the subject line "Transfer College Report_YOUR FULL NAME".
- An official final high school transcript. (If you applied to Notre Dame as a first-year student, you still must send a final transcript.)
- Official SAT or ACT score report(s). We will accept scores listed on an official high school transcript.
- Official Advanced Placement examination results must be submitted for you to be considered for transfer credit. A copy of an AP student report form will suffice.
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), which must be taken if your native language is not English. The TOEFL is not required if you have an SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing score of 650 or higher or an ACT English subscore of 26 or higher.
- A $75 nonrefundable application fee.
- We strongly recommend that you submit one letter of recommendation from a professor or teaching assistant at your current institution. This letter is important to our evaluation, as it will provide additional information about your academic history and abilities.
You must submit the Notre Dame supplement at the same time as the Common Application’s Transfer Application; this is available to registered users of the Common App. After logging in, select University of Notre Dame from the “My Colleges” list. The online Notre Dame supplement to the application will then be available in your “Supplements” tab.