All of the paperwork will be worth it.
As both an international and a transfer student, you’ll be required to provide us with a number of forms and applications. Rest assured, once you set foot on Notre Dame’s campus for your first day of classes, you’ll realize your hard work was well worth it.
For more information about the international student experience, click here. For deadlines and application requirements, read on.
An international transfer applicant must provide the Office of Undergraduate Admissions with the following:
- A completed application, available online through the Common Application.
- An official college transcript sent to the Admissions Office directly from each college attended. Official transcript(s) for all available coursework must be submitted by the application deadline.
- A final Grade Report for the current term. Emailing your Grade Report to firstname.lastname@example.org will ensure a timely final review of your application. An official transcript, including final grades for courses in progress, must be sent as soon as it is available.
- Course syllabus for each course taken. Please do not send course catalogs.
- A Transfer College Report, completed by your academic advisor or dean from the most recent college attended.
- An official final high school transcript. (If you applied to Notre Dame as a freshman, you still must send a final transcript.)
- Official SAT or ACT score report(s). We will accept scores listed on an official high school transcript.
- Official Advanced Placement examination results must be submitted to be considered for transfer credit. A copy of an AP student report form will suffice.
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), which must be taken if your native language is not English. The TOEFL is not required if you have a 650 or higher on the Evidence-Based Reading and Writing portion of the SAT or an ACT English subscore of 26 or higher.
- A copy of the biographical and validity pages of your passport.
- A completed 2019-2020 Certification of Finances form.
- A $75 nonrefundable application fee.
- We strongly recommend that you submit one letter of recommendation from a professor or teaching assistant at your current institution. This letter is important to our evaluation, as it will provide additional information about your academic history and abilities.
Special instructions for students who have previously applied for undergraduate admission to Notre Dame:
The Admissions Office retains First Year and Transfer applications for two years.
If you’ve applied for First Year admission within the past two years, your freshman application materials will be included in your transfer file. You don’t need to resend official standardized test scores unless you’ve retaken the exams. Please send a final high school transcript, as well as any advanced placement scores. You’re also required to submit a new International Student Certification of Finances form.
If you’ve applied for Transfer admission within the past two years, your previous application materials will be included in your new file. You don’t need to duplicate any of the documents already sent. You are required to submit:
- A completed application form. Please contact email@example.com with your full name and date of birth and request a link to this form.
- A new International Student Certification of Finances form
- $75 application fee
- An updated Transfer College Report
- An original Personal Statement
- Course syllabus and grades for any courses taken since you last applied
In addition, we recommend a letter of recommendation. If you applied for the spring semester and would like to apply for the next fall semester, please contact our office to reactivate your Application for Transfer Admission.
All application materials and supporting documents should be sent to:
Transfer Admissions Committee
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
University of Notre Dame
220 Main Building
Notre Dame, IN 46556-5602
Phone: (574) 631-7505
Fax: (574) 631-3181