Flights will be booked to arrive at/depart from Chicago Midway Airport or Chicago O'Hare Airport with transportation provided to/from campus in South Bend.
- You will receive an email with your travel itinerary booked by Anthony Travel. You will need the information in this email to check in to your flight 24 hours before departure.
- Printing a copy of your flight reservation is advised.
- If you are checking baggage, please be prepared to pay the fee if applicable. If baggage fees pose a financial burden, please let us know.
- You will need valid identification to pass the TSA checkpoint. Review acceptable forms of identification.
- Upon your arrival to the airport, you will be greeted at baggage claim by staff from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Transportation (chartered bus) from the airport to campus will be provided on Saturday.
- Transportation (chartered bus) from campus to the airport will be provided on Tuesday morning.
- Please note that Chicago is in the Central Time Zone. Notre Dame and South Bend are in the Eastern Time Zone.
Those who live within driving distance of Notre Dame are eligible for reimbursement for mileage plus the cost of tolls.
- Check-in is between 12:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. on Saturday.
- Enter campus using the Main Entrance on Notre Dame Avenue (detailed campus map)
- If you are leaving a car on campus until Tuesday morning, please request a temporary campus parking pass upon check-in. After check-in, you will be directed to a parking lot at the periphery of campus for long-term parking.
- Keep track of miles driven and tolls paid for reimbursement purposes. After your trip to Notre Dame, you will receive a form via email to document miles and request a reimbursement.
- As a reminder, programming runs late Monday night. Drivers are expected to check out and depart Tuesday morning.
The Amtrak Train is recommended for those who live in lower Michigan and cannot drive to campus. Please visit the Amtrak website to see if there's an Amtrak station near your home with service to the Niles, Michigan station (10 miles from campus).
- You will receive your Amtrak reservation in an email after it is booked by Anthony Travel.
- An admissions counselor will be at the station in Niles, Michigan, to greet you upon your arrival.
- An admissions counselor will drive you to the Niles, Michigan station on Tuesday for your return home.
Private buses have been reserved for those who are flying to/from Chicago airports. These buses will provide nonstop transportation to/from campus and are a travel option for Chicago residents who cannot drive to South Bend. An admissions staff member will be present on each bus.
- No ticket is necessary for this bus. Note that this is not the Coach USA bus, which makes regular trips to campus but requires a ticket.
- Upon your arrival to the airport on Saturday, you will be greeted at arrivals/baggage claim by staff from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Estimated bus departure times from Chicago and specific meeting location will be communicated as the program nears.
- Buses will depart for Chicago early Tuesday morning.