Even from thousands of miles away, Notre Dame is within your reach.
With international students from more than 70 countries, we welcome with open arms students from every corner of the world.
We know the international admissions process can be intimidating. We’re here to make it as easy as possible.
- Learn about admissions procedures and requirements for international students
- Speak directly with an admissions counselor or current student
- Rest assured: once you’re here, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to connect with other international students through many student clubs and organizations
International Student & Scholar Affairs (ISSA)
Even before you arrive on campus, the International Student and Scholar Affairs (ISSA) team is preparing to ensure you can transition to life at Notre Dame seamlessly. The ISSA team can help navigate procedures with the Department of Homeland Security, manage timelines on visa and immigration papers, provide a comprehensive orientation to the university, and connect you with any necessary resources.
Notre Dame is need-aware for international students, meaning that when reviewing applications for admission, the Committee evaluates whether an applicant is requesting financial assistance. International students not applying for financial aid will be given preference in the application process. Although we are need-aware for international students, if a student applies for financial aid and is admitted, they will receive a financial aid award that will meet their full demonstrated need.
Publications with specific information on academics, the student community, and general facts about the University. Available in English only.
- Seek Wisdom: Your Guide to Academics at the University Notre Dame
- Seek Connection: Student Life at the University of Notre Dame
- Seek Purpose: Careers and Callings at the University of Notre Dame
International Fact Sheet
Contains information about the University, its applicants, and the most recently enrolled class.
Meet students and alumni from across the globe. Learn why they chose Notre Dame and read about their favorite campus experiences.
Canada, Europe, and the Middle East
Latin America and the Caribbean
We hope you will contact us with any questions you might have. We’re here to help.
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST