Applying to Notre Dame
Everything you need to know to join the Notre Dame family.
Our goal is twofold: to enroll the best possible students at the University and to treat with dignity every student who expresses interest in applying. We appreciate your sincere interest in joining the Notre Dame family. If you choose to apply for admission, we promise to treat your application with great care because it represents you during an important time in your life. You’re about to make one of the most important decisions of your life. The Office of Undergraduate Admissions at Notre Dame is here to make sure you have all the help—and information—you need as you prepare your application.
Information for Applicants Affected by Severe Weather, School Closures, or Public Health Crises:
We know that in many areas around the world students may be experiencing situations that prevent them from submitting supplementary application materials. As always, we remain flexible with regard to these delays and encourage you to contact your regional admissions counselor directly with questions about submitting your application.
Don't Lose These Dates
Print them off, mark your calendars, set reminders on your devices.
- Restrictive Early Action: November 1
- Priority Deadline to Apply for Financial Aid (REA Applicants): November 15
- Regular Decision: January 1
- Priority Deadline to Apply for Financial Aid (RD Applicants): February 15
- Confirmation Deadline: May 1
2019 First-Year Applicant Pool
2019 Enrolled Students Profile
- 1410-1540 SAT (Mid 50%)
- 33-35 ACT (Mid 50%)
- 52% Male
- 48% Female
- 7% International/outside of the U.S.
- 15% First Generation or low socioeconomic
- 29% U.S. Students of Color
- 50% Involved in music, drama, fine arts, or dance
- 44% Captains of a varsity sport
- 25% Headed a major student organization
High Schools Represented
- 42% Public
- 37% Catholic
- 21% Private/Charter/Other
Take Our Advice
Advice, thoughts, and reflections from our admissions counselors, the people who know best.