Pursue Your Passions
It takes more than academic achievement to create a fulfilling future. It takes intellectual curiosity and drive, plus an encouraging environment where you can become your own person as well as part of a community.
With the support of a campus community dedicated to your growth and development, you’ll have the opportunity to explore every interest at Notre Dame. You’ll find your niche, embark on new adventures, and make friends for life.
Student Clubs and Organizations
400+ Ways to Explore and Strengthen Your Talents and Passions
It would be overkill to list all 400+ student clubs and organizations, but it’s important to know that no matter where your interests lie, you can explore them at Notre Dame. Our students captain interhall athletic teams, write for The Observer, our student newspaper, and lead the student government. They develop ideas through the Entrepreneurship Society. They motivate at-risk children to pursue their dreams through College Mentors for Kids. From a cappella to rock climbing at Duncan Student Center, our students fill their time outside of the classroom with experiences that enrich their lives and shape their education—and they have a lot of fun while they’re at it.
From day one, carve out your niche. You have four precious years on campus, live each day with conviction. Love to learn, because you will be doing a lot of it, inside and outside the classroom.
The best advice I can give is to fully embrace everything that Notre Dame has to offer, and follow your passions wherever they take you. Whether that is study abroad, conducting research, or joining any one of the teams we have on campus, there is something for you!
Beyond academics, my first year was the by far the best year of my life. Notre Dame opened new doors that previously never existed for me. I became a part of an amazing dorm community, Badin Hall, and cultivated friendships that I am sure will last a lifetime.
Continue to play the sport you love at a high level
Even if you're not a varsity athlete, Notre Dame provides countless opportunities to engage in athletics, including:
- Interhall sporting events (we're the only non-academy school to offer full-tackle, full-pad tackle football)
- Extensive recreational facilities, including the Smith Center for Recreational Sports and Rockne Memorial
- An intramural program that Sports Illustrated deemed one of the best in the country
We Are Notre Dame
Home of the Fighting Irish, Notre Dame has earned 34 national championships since 1924. Most recently, the women’s basketball team won its second NCAA championship and the fencing team captured its 10th championship.
- Notre Dame has ranked number one in student-athlete graduation rate among all NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision schools for the last 13 years.
- For the second time in program history, the Women's Basketball Team won the NCAA National Champion. The No. 1-seeded Irish completed the second-largest comeback in Final Four history to defeat the No. 1-seeded Bulldogs 61-58.
- Ten National Championships: (Men) 1977, 1978, 1986, (Women) 1987, (Combined) 1994, 2003, 2005, 2011, 2017, 2018. The fencing program clinched its 10th national title giving the program back-to-back titles in 2017 and 2018.
Inspiration can Happen Anywhere. Here, it Happens Everywhere.
With hundreds of arts events annually and numerous programs and departments, the Notre Dame campus offers a wide variety of opportunities for students to explore the fine and performing arts. Museums and galleries, like the Snite Museum of Art, host exhibits and events, along with showcases of student work. Venues like the DeBartolo Performing Arts Center attract international acts and feature music, dance, theatre, and cinema.
Explore the Local Scene
Welcome to South Bend, IN, a Midwestern city with great restaurants, cultural attractions, and plenty of access to the great outdoors. Here, you’ll find a home away from home both on and off campus. Notre Dame is interwoven with the surrounding community—and we couldn’t be prouder of our hometown.