Transfer Application Instructions
- Notre Dame Transfer Application
- $75 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcript(s) for each college/university attended
- Note: Official transcript(s) should include grades from your most recently completed semester and a list of your currently enrolled courses.
- Official college transcripts may be submitted by a college official through your institution’s preferred electronic vendor, by postal mail, or by email attachment to email@example.com
- Mid-Term Grade Report for your current semester
- *College Student Record Form, to be completed by an official at your current or most recent college/university
- Course syllabi for all courses listed on college transcript(s)
- Official final high school transcript
- Official final high school transcripts may be submitted by a high school official through your school’s preferred electronic vendor, by postal mail, or by email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter of Recommendation (optional but encouraged)
- ACT or SAT assessment scores (optional for 2023 and 2024 application cycles)
- Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate test scores (optional). Please have scores sent directly from the College Board or the IB Diploma Programme to Notre Dame.
- Additional requirements for international transfer applicants
- Final official college transcript (when available)
*Note: The College Student Record Form includes a portion to be completed by the applicant and a portion to be completed by a dean, registrar, advisor, or other college official who has access to your academic and disciplinary records. Print and complete the student portions of the College Student Record Form before taking it to the college official. Please ask that the official forward the completed form to Notre Dame’s Admissions office as instructed on the form. Allow the school official ample time to complete and submit the form prior to the application deadline.
After Submitting Your Application
Upon submission and receipt of the application fee, you will be taken directly to your Notre Dame applicant status portal, where you are encouraged to review your checklist on a regular basis to ensure that all required materials have been received by the deadline. Materials that should be submitted via the Upload Materials section of the applicant status portal include:
Mid-Term Grade Report
- Currently enrolled students should print the Mid-Term Grade Report, take the form to each instructor with whom you have a current class, and ask the instructor to provide a mid-term progress grade for their class. When completed, upload a copy of the form.
- Course syllabi
- You must submit a course syllabus for every course on your transcript(s). Save each syllabus as an individual PDF, with semester/year, course number, and full title in the name, e.g. "SP14 - MA 121 - Calculus I" or "FA13 - SOC 2231 - Introduction to Sociology"
- Upload each syllabus in the order listed on your college transcript.
Missing materials can be emailed to email@example.com with your full name, date of birth, and application Reference ID number.
Dates and Deadlines
- Deadline: October 1, 2022
- Notification between December 1, 2022 - January 5, 2023
- Deadline: March 15, 2023
- Notification typically between June 1 - July 1, 2023