Timeline and Instructions
- Application Due: March 15
- Decision Letter Sent: June 1 - July 1
- Confirmation and Deposit: Typically three weeks from the date of your decision letter or July 5
- Welcome Weekend: Visit welcomeweekend.nd.edu for information.
- Application Due: October 1
- Decision Letter Sent: December 15 - January 1
- Confirmation and Deposit: January 10
In order to complete a transfer application, an applicant must submit the following through the Common Application:
- Common Application for Transfer
- Official college transcript(s) for each institution attended
- Official final high school transcript
- Letter of Recommendation (optional but encouraged)
- ACT or SAT assessment scores
- Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate test scores (optional)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language - TOEFL (if your native language is not English)
- $75 nonrefundable application fee
A College Report for each institution attended must be emailed to email@example.com. Applicants must submit the following through the Notre Dame applicant status portal. Students will receive instructions directly from the University regarding how to access the Notre Dame Applicant Status Portal following submission of the Common Application for Transfer.
- College Final Grade Report (from your most recent semester)
- Course syllabi for all courses listed on college transcript(s)*
*In order for us to determine whether your courses meet transfer requirements, we need a syllabus for each college course you have taken since high school graduation. Submitting course syllabi by the application deadline allows us to review your coursework in a timely manner.
Course syllabi can be submitted by:
- Scanning each course syllabus as a PDF
- Saving the PDF with semester/year, course number and full title, e.g. "SP14 - MA 121 - Calculus I" or "FA13 - SOC 2231 - Introduction to Sociology"